Silk obi fabric from a used obi which I have unpicked/deconstructed for recycling purposes.
Obi type: Fukuro. This is the middle section of an obi
Colour: Cream, peach and grey.
Condition: Very good for a used item. It does have faint marks at one end and near the middle it has a nearly 2 cm long thread which is the wrong colour, possible it had a mark on the thread when in construction process.
Fabric: Silk. Lovely fabric ideal for lining handbags for that professional touch, embroidery work or mixed media projects.
Design: The back is plain and the front has pastel like wide stripes that blend into each other.
Lengths: 110 cm (If you prefer a 50 cm piece please contact me and I will update the listing - subject to availability).
Width: 30 cm
Weight: 120 g
Please read additional info section.
Any questions on this item please feel free to contact me.
Obi fabric - Fukuro Obi - Middle section - Cream, peach and grey - Used
- Obi is the sash/belt worn around the waist of a kimono and can be 4 metre's long with widths around 30 cm. There are many different types of obi but I mainly sell Fukuro or Maru fabric unless stated otherwise.
- Fukuro Obi are generally made up of two pieces of fabric sewn together like a very long table runner with a plain or pattern section in the middle simular to the reverse fabric.
- Maru obi are usually one piece folded in half and sewn down one side so you get patterned fabric on both sides.
- Unlike kimono fabric which is lightweight, obi fabric is much more firm and has a luxurious look which would be ideal for home decor projects, like cushions and table runners, also handbags.
- With vintage or secondhand fabrics on some occasions you may find a small imperfection which is to be expected with these types of fabrics. If it was a significant imperfection I would mention it in the listing.
- Items are not washable, please consult professional dry cleaners for advice if required or do a test sample before washing.