Silk obi fabric from a used obi which I have unpicked/deconstructed for recycling purposes.
Obi type: Fukuro. This is the plain middle/lining section of the obi.
Colour: Black both sides.
Technique : Woven.
Condition: Very good for a used item. One end has faint marks which are not always visable until it catches the light. Please see last photo, note the fabric is very reflective of the light so colour seems pale in the photo but it is black.
Fabric: Silk lovely feel and ideal for embroidery work or lining handbags, quilting etc.
Design: Both sides are plain fabric with two seams on on each side as the fabric on the back is slightly different to the front.
Lengths: 100 cm
Width: 30 cm
Weight: 115 g
Please read additional info section.
Any questions on this item please feel free to contact me.
Obi fabric - Fukuro Obi - Plain/Lining - Silk - Upcycle - Black
- Obi is the sash/belt worn around the waist of a kimono and can be 4 metre's long with widths around 30 cm. There are many different types of obi but I mainly sell Fukuro or Maru fabric unless stated otherwise.
- Fukuro Obi are generally made up of two pieces of fabric sewn together like a very long table runner with a plain or pattern section in the middle simular to the reverse fabric.
- Maru obi are usually one piece folded in half and sewn down one side so you get patterned fabric on both sides.
- Unlike kimono fabric which is lightweight, obi fabric is much more firm and has a luxurious look which would be ideal for home decor projects, like cushions and table runners, also handbags.
- With vintage or secondhand fabrics on some occasions you may find a small imperfection which is to be expected with these types of fabrics. If it was a significant imperfection I would mention it in the listing.
- Items are not washable, please consult professional dry cleaners for advice if required or do a test sample before washing.