Silk obi fabric from a used obi which I have unpicked/deconstructed for recycling purposes.
Obi type: Fukuro - This one is made up of two patterns.
Colour: The top - Gold, black, white and brown.
Technique : Woven.
Condition: Very good for a used item its hardly used, a few fold lines but no other marks.
Fabric: Silk and metallic thread.
Design: One side is ornate with birds and flowers in a tile pattern.
Lining: A repeating pattern of diamond motif in black and gold.
Lengths: 50 cm, 100 cm or 150 cm
Width: 30 cm
Weight: 100 g (50 cm x 30 cm piece)
Please read additional info section.
Any questions on this item please feel free to contact me.
Obi fabric - Fukuro Obi - Silk/Metallic - Upcycle - Gold and black - Used
- Obi is the sash/belt worn around the waist of a kimono and can be 4 metre's long with widths around 30 cm. There are many different types of obi but I mainly sell Fukuro or Maru fabric unless stated otherwise.
- Fukuro Obi are generally made up of two pieces of fabric sewn together like a very long table runner with a plain or pattern section in the middle simular to the reverse fabric.
- Maru obi are usually one piece folded in half and sewn down one side so you get patterned fabric on both sides.
- Unlike kimono fabric which is lightweight, obi fabric is much more firm and has a luxurious look which would be ideal for home decor projects, like cushions and table runners, also handbags.
- With vintage or secondhand fabrics on some occasions you may find a small imperfection which is to be expected with these types of fabrics. If it was a significant imperfection I would mention it in the listing.
- Items are not washable, please consult professional dry cleaners for advice if required or do a test sample before washing.