Silk obi fabric from a used obi which I have unpicked/deconstructed for recycling purposes.
Obi type: Fukuro
Colour: Gold, orange, purple, green, blue and white.
Condition: Very good for a used item its hardly used.
Fabric: Silk and metallic thread.
Design: One side is floral fan pattern while the back lining is plain.
Lengths: 59 cm or 170 cm (Can cut the large piece to two pieces 100 cm and 70 cm if required).
Width: 31 cm
Weight: 160 g (59 cm x 31 cm piece) or 485 g (170 x 31 cm piece)
Please read additional info section.
Any questions on this item please feel free to contact me.
Obi fabric - Fukuro Obi - Silk - Upcycle - Orange, gold, purple - Used
- Obi is the sash/belt worn around the waist of a kimono and can be 4 metre's long with widths around 30 cm. There are many different types of obi but I mainly sell Fukuro or Maru fabric unless stated otherwise.
- Fukuro Obi are generally made up of two pieces of fabric sewn together like a very long table runner with a plain or pattern section in the middle simular to the reverse fabric.
- Maru obi are usually one piece folded in half and sewn down one side so you get patterned fabric on both sides.
- Unlike kimono fabric which is lightweight, obi fabric is much more firm and has a luxurious look which would be ideal for home decor projects, like cushions and table runners, also handbags.
- With vintage or secondhand fabrics on some occasions you may find a small imperfection which is to be expected with these types of fabrics. If it was a significant imperfection I would mention it in the listing.
- Items are not washable, please consult professional dry cleaners for advice if required or do a test sample before washing.