Silk obi fabric from a used obi which I have unpicked/deconstructed for recycling purposes.
Obi type: Fukuro
Colour: Gold, purple, blue, green, red, white and orange.
Technique : Woven.
Condition: Very good for a used item its hardly used.
Fabric: Silk and metallic thread.
Lining: Silk, plain cream.
Design: One side is rows of vines and flowers with multi patterned petals and leaves, while the lining is plain silk.
Lengths: 50 cm, 68 cm or 200 cm (If you prefer 100 cm or 150 cm please contact me and I will update the listing).
Width: 31 cm
Weight: 110 g (50 cm x 31 cm piece)
If you require more of the plain lining fabric which is on the reverse please see other listing for the plain middle section of the obi.
SKU No. OBIF0018
Please read additional info section.
Any questions on this item please feel free to contact me.
Obi fabric - Fukuro Obi - Silk - Upcycle - Pastel shades - Used
- Obi is the sash/belt worn around the waist of a kimono and can be 4 metre's long with widths around 30 cm. There are many different types of obi but I mainly sell Fukuro or Maru fabric unless stated otherwise.
- Fukuro Obi are generally made up of two pieces of fabric sewn together like a very long table runner with a plain or pattern section in the middle simular to the reverse fabric.
- Maru obi are usually one piece folded in half and sewn down one side so you get patterned fabric on both sides.
- Unlike kimono fabric which is lightweight, obi fabric is much more firm and has a luxurious look which would be ideal for home decor projects, like cushions and table runners, also handbags.
- With vintage or secondhand fabrics on some occasions you may find a small imperfection which is to be expected with these types of fabrics. If it was a significant imperfection I would mention it in the listing.
- Items are not washable, please consult professional dry cleaners for advice if required or do a test sample before washing.