Japanese obi fabric from a used obi which I have unpicked/deconstructed for recycling purposes.
Obi type: Fukuro
Colour: Pinks, purples, white, greens and gold.
Condition: Very good for a used fabric not marks.
Fabric: Silk and metallic thread.
Design: Bunches of flowers in gold vases.
Lining: Plain white.
Age: 1980 - 1990.
Lengths: 65 cm or 100 cm - I may have a 200 cm piece, please contact me for availability.
Width: 31 cm.
Weight: 240 g for 100 cm
Extra lining fabric is available on a separete listing.
Please read additional info section.
Any questions on this item please feel free to contact me.
Obi fabric - Fukuro - Upcycle - Floral arrangements - Used - Pastels and golds
- Obi is the sash/belt worn around the waist of a kimono and can be 4 metre's long with widths around 30 cm. There are many different types of obi but I mainly sell Fukuro or Maru fabric unless stated otherwise.
- Fukuro Obi are generally made up of two pieces of fabric sewn together like a very long table runner with a plain or pattern section in the middle simular to the reverse fabric.
- Maru obi are usually one piece folded in half and sewn down one side so you get patterned fabric on both sides.
- Unlike kimono fabric which is lightweight, obi fabric is much more firm and has a luxurious look which would be ideal for home decor projects, like cushions and table runners, also handbags.
- With vintage or secondhand fabrics on some occasions you may find a small imperfection which is to be expected with these types of fabrics. If it was a significant imperfection I would mention it in the listing.
- Items are not washable, please consult professional dry cleaners for advice if required or do a test sample before washing.