Japanese obi fabric from a used obi which I have unpicked/deconstructed for recycling purposes.
Obi type: Fukuro middle section
Colour: Creamy white.
Condition: Very good for a used fabric, has faint fold line down the middle which is to be expected with a used obi fabric.
Fabric: Silk and synthetic mix.
Age: 1980 - 1990.
Lengths: 50 cm (if you want 100cm please select 2 of 50 cm and it will come as one piece (subject to availabilty).
Width: 30 cm.
Weight: 70 g 50 cm piece.
Please read additional info section.
Any questions on this item please feel free to contact me.
Obi fabric - Fukuro - Upcycle - Plain middle section - Cream - Used
- Obi is the sash/belt worn around the waist of a kimono and can be 4 metre's long with widths around 30 cm. There are many different types of obi but I mainly sell Fukuro or Maru fabric unless stated otherwise.
- Fukuro Obi are generally made up of two pieces of fabric sewn together like a very long table runner with a plain or pattern section in the middle simular to the reverse fabric.
- Maru obi are usually one piece folded in half and sewn down one side so you get patterned fabric on both sides.
- Unlike kimono fabric which is lightweight, obi fabric is much more firm and has a luxurious look which would be ideal for home decor projects, like cushions and table runners, also handbags.
- With vintage or secondhand fabrics on some occasions you may find a small imperfection which is to be expected with these types of fabrics. If it was a significant imperfection I would mention it in the listing.
- Items are not washable, please consult professional dry cleaners for advice if required or do a test sample before washing.