Silk obi fabric from a used obi which I have unpicked/deconstructed for recycling purposes.
Obi type: Odori Obi is used in dance acts this one has pattern on the top and plain cotton lining fabric on the back. Each end has some of the pattern fabric on the back as well so the lining is not visable when in use.
Colour: Blue, copper, green, purple, dark orange, yellow and black lining.
Condition: Very good and hardly worn if at all.
Fabric: Silk with metallic thread.
Lining: Cotton, plain black.
Design: Background in blue and copper with flower type motif in different colours.
Lengths: 50 cm, 100 cm or 200 cm
Width: 30 cm
Weight: 50 g (50 cm x 30 cm piece)
Please read additional info section.
Any questions on this item please feel free to contact me.
Obi fabric - Odori Obi - Silk/Cotton - Upcycle - Blue, copper, multi
- Obi is the sash/belt worn around the waist of a kimono and can be 4 metre's long with widths around 30 cm. There are many different types of obi but I mainly sell Fukuro or Maru fabric unless stated otherwise.
- Fukuro Obi are generally made up of two pieces of fabric sewn together like a very long table runner with a plain or pattern section in the middle simular to the reverse fabric.
- Maru obi are usually one piece folded in half and sewn down one side so you get patterned fabric on both sides.
- Unlike kimono fabric which is lightweight, obi fabric is much more firm and has a luxurious look which would be ideal for home decor projects, like cushions and table runners, also handbags.
- With vintage or secondhand fabrics on some occasions you may find a small imperfection which is to be expected with these types of fabrics. If it was a significant imperfection I would mention it in the listing.
- Items are not washable, please consult professional dry cleaners for advice if required or do a test sample before washing.